The London Strollers are different from other walking groups as our Led walks are usually based in the Greater London area. We don't like to rush so our walks are at a leisurly pace and between 3 to 6 miles.
Our group is ideal therefore for people who:
are new to walking
want to do short walks
want to just spend a few hours on a walk
wish to explore London and the surrounding countryside (some of our walk leaders have exceptional knowledge of the places we walk)
If this sounds like the kind of walking group you are looking for we would like to invite you on one of our walks.
You can try us out up to 3 times before we would ask you to join the Ramblers as a member of the London Strollers group.
We are part of the Ramblers and encourage everyone who walks with us to join the Ramblers Britain's walking charity
Nearest station: Waterloo (Northern, Bakerloo, Jubilee Lines and Rail)
We still need to fill the following roles on our committee:
- Chair - to chair up to 4 committee meetings a year and represent the London Strollers at area meetings.
- Publicity/Social Media officer - to maintain the London Strollers facebook, twitter and Meetup pages.
- Webmaster - to maintain the London Strollers website.
- General committee members - to attend committee meetings and support the group, helping out with admin and volunteering on our stand at events and festivals.
13/09/14 - Volunteers needed urgently! Our group and walks are led by volunteers. We need more volunteers to help run the group and lead walks.
Current vacanices include:
- Chair - to chair up to 4 committee meetings a year.
- Social media officer - to help maintain Facebook, Twitter and Meetup.
- Webmaster - to help maintain the Strollers website.
- General committee members - to attend 4 committees a year and help maintain the group.
- Walk leaders - to lead walks for the group.
Have a listen to this great radio interview with Elena Fuller to learn much more about the London Strollers and the benefits of walking in London.